It’s Suzanne here today with a card I fell in love with when it was completed! Susan’s Garden florals combine beautifully with A Way With Word dies. I don’t think you can go wrong with any combination!
I really love subtlety in my designs – the danger is being too subtle! I like the idea of important words peeking out to send a quiet message, a design that has enough interest from a distance, but draws you in to see more.
Here is how you can make this card. Join me!
- Form a tent-fold card base measuring 9.5 x 4.5” from White Soft Finish Cardstock. Cut a rectangular panel from White Soft Finish Cardstock measuring 8.75 x 3.5” and adhere to a mat made with red cardstock measuring 1/8” all the way around the white panel.
- Die cut Moments and Together from White Soft Finish Cardstock and carefully sponge Distress Ink along the top edges of the letters.
- Die cut the roses from red cardstock and the greenery from green cardstock. You will need to cut 2 hedges and at least 18 roses, plus about 30 individual sprigs.
- Roll small pieces of Clear Double Sided Adhesive to adhere the words to the white panel as shown, 2’’ down from the top edge. Rolling the tape will lift the words off the background and add more interest. Lightly draw a pencil line on the cardstock to make a baseline. Place the words on the line leaving a bit of room between the words. Carefully erase the pencil line.
- Adhere the hedge as shown. You will need three “bushes” from the second hedge to stretch all the way across the card under the words.
- Form the roses and attach them one by one to the hedge. Once you start making these it’s hard to stop! Shape the leaves and adhere them around the flowers, saving one for the “r” on Together!
- Mount the panel on the card base with foam tape.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
A Way With Words Special Moments
A Way With Words Together
Susan’s Garden Edges Rose Hedge
Susan’s Garden 4pcs. All Metal Tool Set
Large Molding Mat
Kids Choice Glue
Soft Finish Cardstock in White 12 x 12″
Clear Double Sided Adhesive
Smooth Red Cardstock
Textured Green Cardstock
Ranger Distress Ink – Barn Door
Ink Blending Tool