Hello dear friends, its Evgenia Petzer with you today and I will show you how to create a simple bookmark. I made one for my son. He now really enjoys reading and this makes me very happy.
Above is the finished project, below are close-ups to show some details.
Here are some the instructions:
- Using the largest die in Stitched Fishtail Banners set cut the tan layer for the bookmark. Hand-cut a piece of white cardstock slightly larger than the die cut for the bottom layer.
- Die cut a heart-shaped opening in the tan layer toward the bottom, centered as shown, as well as small tan and white hearts.
- Add Clear Double Sided Adhesive to the front of the white fishtail banner, except for a quarter-inch at the edges. Adhere the tan banner to the white one, taking care not to touch the exposed adhesive within the heart-shaped opening.
- Sprinkle Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter to cover the heart-shaped open area. Brush off excess and return to the jar. Polish with a fingertip to bring out the maximum sparkle.
- Add some tiny splatters of white paint and a stamped, hand-written, or rub-on sentiment. Glue on the tiny hearts.
- Using a Crop-a-dile, punch, or awl, make a little hole for the ribbon. Optional: Attach a charm, bead, or other embellishment to the ribbon.
Elizabeth Craft Designs products used:
- Stitched Fishtail Banners
- Entwined Hearts
- Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape
- Cardstock – White; Kraft
- Rub On Sentiment
- White Paint
- Crop-a-dile, punch, or awl
- Ribbon, plus optional embellishment
Have a lovely day.