Shalini Pahwa here. A birthday is one of the most important and eagerly awaited days of the year for all of us. Even in this age of advanced technology with a plethora of options for communicating and sending gifts, I still feel that a bouquet of flowers, delivered with a personal message, is the best way to deliver birthday wishes. But if there is a distance between you and your loved one, a card with a bouquet of beautiful handmade paper flowers is a wonderful way to express your emotions – and it is sure to become a cherished gift.
Here are the instructions so you can make this special card:
1. Make a side-fold card base from White Soft Finish Cardstock. (8.5 ”x 6.125”, fold in half.)
2. Add a layer of cheesecloth with frayed edges and a layer of green cardstock. Use Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape to adhere the layers.
3. Emboss a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock with the Bamboo embossing folder.
4. Add color to the embossed piece with Lindy’s Magical and water. Adhere the bamboo layer to the card front.
5. Die cut, color and shape five tiger lilies using the flower dies from the Susan’s Garden Garden Notes Fairy – Tiger Lily die set and Susan’s tools and shaping pads. (You’ll be using the fairy for other projects – no need to bring her out to play for this card…) Die cut, color and shape several leaves using leaves from the Garden Notes – Tulips die set. Note: Color with PanPastels, inks, or other medium of your choice.
6. Add a bit of clear-drying glue and some Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on the petals for some extra sparkle.
7. Add Prills to the stamens of the flowers. Allow glue to dry.
8. Arrange the flowers and leaves on the card front and after the arrangement is completed, add Prills around the flowers for extra texture.
9. Use black ink to stamp Happy Birthday onto white cardstock. Cut a small banner. Color the edges with ink or PanPastels to coordinate with the flowers. Curve the banner, adhere the ends only to the card front so the banner remains dimensional.
I am sending this card to Els van de Burgt on her birthday. It will bring belated greetings. I hope she’ll love the card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Other Supplies used:
Lindy’s Magical – Envy Green
Inks – ColorBox Fluid Chalk in French Blue and Olive Pastel