It’s Suzanne here today with a sweet and easy project for your home or workspace. There are many kinds of blessings and many ways to remind yourself of the those blessings you are fortunate to have. For this project I have chosen shabby but elegant styling. To make your own version, combine patterned papers in colours of your choosing to create just the right mood and to coordinate with your space.
Here is how you can make this eyecatching reminder…..
- Cut panels from coordinated patterned paper starting with a base measuring 6 x 11.5”. The smallest panel measures 4 x 8.5”. Mat this with a panel that measures approximately .75” larger on all sides.
- Die cut A Way With Words Blessings and the Lacy Poppies (two blooms and one bud) from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Cut a small rectangular panel measuring 4.5 x 1.75” from a tone-on-tone patterned paper (not a lot of detail so it won’t distract from the word Blessings). Distress the edges of the panel with sandpaper or a distressing tool. Use mini paper clips to attach Blessings. No glue needed here.
- Adhere the Poppies to the panel using small pieces of adhesive where the stems join. Loop the ribbon around the back and tie a simple bow. Adhere the heads of the Poppies, spread out as shown.
- Adhere the panel layers together with foam tape. Use a double layer of foam tape for the Blessings panel.
This project is shown mounted on a picture frame holder. Other options: Frame in a shadow box, use decorative tacks to secure it to a cork board, display on an easel. (The Elizabeth Craft Designs Card Stand/Easel die would be a perfect choice for this option.)
Display your creation wherever you might need to remember your blessings!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Patterned papers from Maja Designs
Mini paper clips