It’s Frances Byrne here with today’s Pop it Ups Wednesday tutorial. I have been having fun lately creating Z-fold cards using the Pop It Ups Pivot Card dies. Seeing that Valentine’s Day is just under a week away I thought it might be fun to create a Valentine card using the Heart Pivot Card die set.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of red cardstock that measures 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 4 inches and 8 inches.
- Cut a piece of designer paper that measures 12 inches x 5 1/2 inches. Score at 4 inches and 8 inches.
- Adhere the left hand panel of the designer paper to the left hand panel of the scored red card.
- Place the centre nub of the heart pivot die on the score line on the right hand side of the card (see photo above). Run through die cutting machine.
- Carefully trim out the designer paper hearts from the heart pivot area so it reveals the red hearts from the bottom layer of cardstock. (Both layers were die cut at the same time.)
- Adhere the remaining two panels of the designer paper to the red cardstock.
- (4) Large Flowers from red cardstock
- (4) Medium Flowers from red cardstock
- (3) Large Flowers from pink cardstock
- (3) Medium Flowers from pink cardstock
- (5) Leaves from green cardstock
- Shape the leaves using the leaf tool and leaf pad. Add highlights to the leaves using PanPastels.
- Shape the flowers using the tools in the All Metal Tool set. Add highlights to the flowers using PanPastels.
- Adhere the medium flower into the large flower.
- Add Coral See Prills from the Flower Pot Prills set to the centres of each flower.
3. Die cut an oval from the Stitched Ovals die set from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Die cut an oval from the Dotted Scallop Ovals from gold cardstock. Layer the two ovals together.
- Attach the ovals to the centre of the far left panel using foam tape.
- Adhere the “Valentine” sentiment to the centre of the layered ovals.
- Attach flowers to the card as shown in project photo.
5. Using the Heart Pivot Card die set die cut the following:
- (2) Large Hearts from gold cardstock
- (2) Medium Hearts from White Soft Finish Cardstock.
- Layer hearts together.
- Using the Best Wishes Clear Stamp set, stamp the ” I love Us” and “You & Me” sentiment onto the white hearts using black ink.
- Adhere hearts to pivot hearts using foam tape.