Have you seen the new stamps and matching die sets available soon from Elizabeth Craft Designs? Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson. Today I have designed a card using the Jungle Cuties stamp set, and as you can tell in the picture the stamped and colored animals, bird, and branch have been die cut for easy placement on the card. I have also used one of the new A Way With Words die sets for the word ‘Play’. Here is how I created this card.
- Cut a card base that is 6 1/2 x 5 inches. Use the two largest Stitched Rectangle dies to die cut a white frame. Bevel the inside edges of the frame, for a finished edge, using a scoreboard. Using the largest of the Stitched Rectangles, die cut a piece of design paper of choice to layer behind the frame. Attach the die cut frame over the design paper rectangle using dimensional tape. For an alternative of using dimensional tape, you can cut strips of fun foam as wide as the frame edges. Add strips of the Clear Double Sided Adhesive around the frame and attach strips of the fun foam; add adhesive to the other side of foam and attach it to the design paper. Center the completed frame to the front of the card.
- Using the Jungle Cuties stamp set, stamp the monkey, lion, bird and three sets of leaves with permanent black ink. Color the images with markers, then use matching dies to cut out the images.
- Attach the lion on the lower right corner using a piece of dimensional tape behind the head and flat tape to adhere the body to the Stitched Frame.
- Attach the monkey to the design paper, with the top of the branch under the edge of the frame. Add two leafy branches as shown, under the edge of the top of the frame. Add the third branch on top of the frame as shown. Attach the little bird over the branches.
- Use the A Way With Words “Play” die to die cut the sentiment. Attach it so it looks like the money is holding the edge of the sentiment in its hand.
- Use the Borders & Corners Black Peel Off Stickers to add the border around the edge of the card front. Add two black rhinestones to the corners of the Stitched Frame.
I know you will have fun creating with the new stamp sets and matching dies!
Supplies from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Dimensional Tape or Fun Foam
Markers of choice
Design Paper of choice