Happy Day, Everyone! It’s Karen here, and I am SO excited about my very first official blog post as a member of the Elizabeth Craft Designs Coloring Team!
One of my goals this year is to remember to send birthday cards to friends and family. Making them is not a problem…remembering is! I created one today using the soon-to-be-released Elizabeth Craft Designs ‘Feathered Friends’ stamps!
Here are the steps I used to make this card:
1. Stamp the bird with black permanent ink and cut it out using the coordinating die. Stamp the pair of flowers and cut around them with one of the circles from the Dotted Scallop Circles die set. Next, color the stamped images using your favorite markers. Here are the Copic colors I used for the bird:
For the flowers, I used YG03, YG06, Y06, Y08.
2. Cut the patterned papers with the following dimensions: Small Flowers: 4″ x 5-1/4″; Dot Pattern: 2-1/4″ x 4″; Squiggly Lines: 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″.
3. Cut a piece of Spring Green Soft Finish Cardstock (for behind the dot pattern) at 2-1/2″ x 3-1/2″ and a piece of White Soft Finish Cardstock – 85lb in half (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″). Score and fold the White SFC in half for the card base.
4. Ink the edges of the patterned paper with chalk ink to hide the white core of the 2-sided patterned papers.
5. Wrap a piece of white lace around the card near the left edge and adhere the dot pattern piece just on top of it using Elizabeth Craft Designs Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape’ adhere this to the card base. Adhere the squiggly lines piece to the green cardstock and use pop tape (foam tape) to put it on the card. The bird is glued on with white glue, and the flowers are also adhered with pop tape.
5. Finish the card with some Nuvo Drops and glue on a Happy Birthday die cut.
Thank you SO much for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Designer Paper – Dare 2B Artzy
Prima Chalk Inkers