Hi my friends, it’s Sandy Diller here to wish you a Happy New Year and share a simple card featuring one of my favorite new die sets. By now, I’m sure you’ve heard about the new release at Elizabeth Craft Designs. It’s packed full of fabulous designs that are sure to become your favorites as well. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner – I thought the new Entwined Hearts and the new Love Sentiments were just perfect for the occasion.
Here’s how it went together, fast and easy.
- The finished card is 5.5″ X 4.25″. Cut one piece of cardstock that is 5.5″ X 8.5″, crease in the center with a top fold.
- Cut second layer (shown in red) that is 5.25″ X 4″.
- Cut top layer (shown in Kraft brown corrugated) that is 5″ X 3.75″.
- Using the Entwined Hearts, (coming soon) cut 2 smaller entwined hearts. This die set has a larger entwined heart, shown above, but it was not used for this project. Also in this set are dies to cut 3 smaller hearts and an open heart. Cut these from the same red cardstock. There is another heart that has the negative space, shown above, but I’m saving that for another project.
- Using the Love Sentiments, (coming soon) cut the word “Love”.
- Tip: Before I die cut the hearts and word, I placed ECD Clear Double Sided Adhesive on the back of the cardstock. This makes it easier to adhere the pieces to the card front in steps 8 and 11.
7. Adhere the Kraft brown rectangle onto the red one, leaving a small border all around.
8. Add the two entwined Hearts as shown above.
9. Poke two small holes in card front just large enough to thread the twine through.
10. Thread twine through holes and tie in a bow. Trim ends to desired length.
11. Place remaining pieces on card as shown in the photo above.
Have a creative week,
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Cardstock – Red; Kraft Brown; Kraft Brown Corrugated