Hello Everyone, Christine here from Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s Design Team.
Christmas is fast approaching hope that you all have your holiday shopping well underway. I wish you the happiest of holidays! It does not look much like Christmas here yet, the little snow that we have had was quickly washed away with rain but there is still time for a white Christmas.
My post today is a simple little snowman card. This card could be used as a Christmas Card but also could be used for a winter occasion. Here is how the card was made.
Card base is a standard A2 (4-1/4″ X 5-1/2″)
- Cut 2 pieces of white Soft Finish Cardstock 1 at 4-1/2″ X 5-3/4″ and 1 at 4″ X 5-1/4″. Cover both with Clear Double Sided Adhesive (I cut down 6″ X 6″ pieces to fit saving the smaller pieces for other projects).
- Using Dotted Scallop Die Set you will cut 2 frames. (I like to number my dies on the back of each starting the largest number on the largest die) Take die 6 and die 4 using a low tack tape such as Washi center #4 die inside #6 die taping in place. Lay 4″ X 5-1/4″ cardstock with adhesive side against die and die cut. Do the same for die #3 and #7 die cut the 4-1/2″ X 5-3/4″ piece. Save center rectangles as they can be used for another project.
- Working 1 frame at a time peel off protective coating being careful not to touch adhesive (fine tweezers are great for this job) sprinkle white diamond Silk Microfine Glitter over adhesive shake off excess then burnish glitter in with your fingers. Glitter both frames.
- Apply Clear Double Sided Adhesive to black cardstock die cut “Let it Snow” making sure die is against adhesive side. Peel off protective coating and cover adhesive with basic black Silk Microfine Glitter shake off excess and burnish in with fingers.
- Cut 1 snowman and accessories using CountryScapes Build A Snowman die set. Assemble (on snowman hat I used just a tiny piece of green for leaves and red Pearl Pen and a tooth pick to make berries)
- Cut 2 of smallest and 2 of next size poinsettia leaves using Susan’s Garden Notes Poinsettia Die set and green cardstock. Vein and shape leaves.
- Cut 1 snowflake from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on it again making sure the die is against the adhesive side. (I used snowflake die from Els Entwined Circle Die Set but any snowflake will do.) Take off protective coating add cool diamond Silk Microfine Glitter.
- Cut 1 piece of printed paper 3″ X 4″ attach to center of card front with Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Attach largest frame to front using Clear Double Sided Adhesive.
- Using dimensional dots / tape attach smaller frame over larger frame centering.
- Add snowman in center of frames using dimensional dots / tape. Add snowflake again using dimensional dot. In upper right corner add 2 smallest leaves and 2 larger leaves to lower left corner using Kid’s Choice Glue. Using red Pearl Pen add 3 red berries to leaves.
- Attach “Let It” to upper left corner and “Snow” in lower right corner using Kid’s Choice Glue.
- Cut 1 Card Stand / Easel from white cardstock that has Clear Double Sided Adhesive on it and cut 1 from plain cardstock adhere the 2 together and using embossing folder of your choice emboss.
I do hope that you have enjoyed this quick and easy card today. Be sure to visit Elizabeth Craft Designs for all your supplies.
Until next time. Happy Scrapping!
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
K & Co Patterned Paper
Pearl Pen Red
Small pieces cardstock: black, red, brown, green and orange