Happy Saturday to you!!! Wanda here 🙂 It’s just 3 weeks until Christmas and I can hardly believe how quickly this year has flown by. In the hustle and bustle of life we don’t always have time or take time to send out thank yous. If I do make some, they are often something quick. Sometimes I want to send a special thank you and I think this card would qualify for that!!
We’ll begin with the background. I enjoy creating my own backgrounds but patterned paper *hint – Through The Lens* could be used instead.
1. Use a plastic card to scrap red and white paint onto Soft Finish Cardstock. Dry.
2. Thin grey paint (I didn’t have grey so mixed white and black) with water, brush over red and white layer, immediately while paint is still wet, drip 91% rubbing alcohol onto card. Blot with a paper towel and dry.
3. Scrape transparent paste through stencil. I’ve done part of the background but you could cover the whole piece if you prefer.
4. Remove stencil, cover paste with glitter, dump off excess, set aside to dry completely. Clean the stencil and palette knife. It is best not to let the paste dry on these.
5. Once the paste is completely dry, use your finger to “polish” the glitter and remove any remaining excess. I tried to take a close up picture so you could see the sparkle.
6. Die cut Thank You from both Gold Shimmer Sheetz and White Velvet Adhesive Sheet.
7. Die cut Small Poinsettia from green (1 – large flower and circles) and red (2 – large flowers, 2 sets of extra petals) cardstocks.
8. Vein and shape petals adding highlights with Pan Pastels.
9. Die Cut Ribbon from Gold Shimmer Sheetz.
10. Use your finger to dab white paint on edges of background panel. While paint is still wet, add glitter. Dump off excess glitter. Let paint dry. Polish glitter with finger to bring out shine and remove any more excess.
11. Layer background to green panel, then to white corrugated paper, then to gold mirror card, then to folded red card.
12. Attach Thank Yous together offsetting as shown. Attach all pieces to card as shown.
This card sparkles and shines in so many ways that it’s fun to just sit and tilt it in the light, lol. That combined with the different textures definitely make a “happy mail day” for the recipient!!!!
Thanks for following along!!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!
Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Supplies —
- A Way With Words – Thank You
- Els van de Burgt – Ribbons 1
- Susan’s Garden Notes – Small Poinsettia
- Stage It Stencil – Swirly Flourish
- Soft Finish Carstock – White
- Shimmer Sheetz – Gold Metallic
- White Velvet Adhesive Sheet
- Silk Microfine Glitter – Warm Diamond
- Pan Pastel
- Susan’s Garden Club Tools
Other Supplies —
- Fluid Acrylic Paint (Golden)
- 91% Isopropyl Rubbing Alcohol
- Texture Paste Transparent Matte (Ranger)
- Palette Knife
- Cardstock – Red, Green, Gold Mirror, White Corrugated