Hi everyone, Annette Green here today with Susan’s Garden Team. With the holidays quickly approaching, you might find yourself short on time and in need of quick, inexpensive gift ideas with a personal touch. Today I’m sharing an easy treat holder idea using Susan’s die, some pattern paper and trims. These sweet little holders could be filled with candy (like mine), a gift card, money or even a small gift. Let me show you how fun and easy these are to make.
1. Using Susan’s Canning Jar & Lid die, cut out two of each from pattern paper. Ink edges, if desired, with Vintage Photo Distress ink.
2. To make a box which will join the two canning jars, cut a piece of pattern paper 7″ x 6 1/2″ and score at 2 1/2″ on all four sides.
4. Place clear double-sided adhesive tape on the four corner flaps as shown.
5. Peel and stick the flaps to start forming a box by folding in the two side flaps first, then bring the center flap up. In this photo, only one side has been assembled.
6. Complete the other side of the box and you should have a open box like this.
7. Adhere the canning jar to each wide side of the box as shown.
8. Die cut the three largest holly leaves from Olive Twist Soft Finish cardstock using Susan’s Holiday Holly & Berries set. Score the leaves down the center and fold away from you, then apply bright green PanPastel on the score line of each. Ink the outer edges of each leaf with Peeled Paint Distress ink to add shading for dimension.
9. Place the holly leaves on the leaf pad and use the leaf tool to score vein lines as shown.
10. Use the reverse tweezers to pinch and shape the leaves.
11. Add gold trim to the canning jar below the lid, then adhere holly leaves as shown. You can adorn the center with a button, Prills, or a little red bell like mine.
12. Stamp a sentiment onto ivory cardstock and attach. I used the Holiday stamp set by Karen Burniston and embossed it with gold. As a finishing touch, you can coil some colored wire and wrap it around the bell.
Mix and match coordinating pattern papers to make each one different, or make them all the same. It’s up to you! Fill them with goodies and you have an instant gift. These would be great for teachers, a school bus driver, crossing guard, the mailman… well just about anyone!
Vintage Photo and Peeled Paint Distress ink
Graphic 45 St. Nicholas paper collection
Gold embossing powder
Gold trim, red bell and wire