Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Slider cards are fun to watch and this card is no exception as Chilly the Penguin slides around the card. I got the idea to use an Accordion die as the tracks for the slider when I was watching a Technique Friday video that Els did on a totally different technique. There’s inspiration everywhere! You can use any Accordion die for this technique, here’s a slider card using the Ring Accordion. Let me show you how I made this card.
- Cut a piece of White Soft Finish card stock mesuring 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. Score and fold at 4 1/4 for the card base.
- Die cut the pieces shown below:
- Red Rectangle Accordion. Cut off both pivot points and both large and small tabs. I cut 1/8″ off the top and bottom so it would fit on an A-2 card base with a white border showing, however this is not necessary as you can use a larger card base. Tip – keep the little pieces of the track to aid in assembly.
- (1) white rectangle, stamped with sentiment from Holiday Clear Stamp set. Color if desired.
- (1) pattern paper frame.
3. Die cut the pieces shown below:
- Chilly the Penguin – white shadow layer and eyes, black detail layer, cream beak and feet, pattern paper scarf
- Props 5 – pattern paper hat, white brim & pom-pom
- Labels and Circles – (2) red circles
4. Place foam pop dots in the areas shown in the photo taking care not to place them too close to the inner track. Place a foam pop dot in the center of one of the circles, place it in the track and then place the other circle on top. Check to see if the circle will go around the track easily.
5. Assemble the card by placing the outer red frame onto your card base. Put the circle slider piece in place as shown in photo above. Use the throw-away track pieces to aide in getting the red center rectangle even. Adhere the white rectangle and pattern paper frame to the red center rectangle. Adhere all pieces of Chilly the Penguin using photos for placement. Adhere Chilly to the circle. Tip – I adhered a small piece of the throw-away slider track to the circle for added stability for Chilly or you could just use Chilly’s head if you prefer.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs –
Real Red card stock
Foam pop dots
Markers of choice
Black ink – Memento