The temperatures are beginning to drop and it won’t be long before some of us see snow. Good Morning, this is Selma Stevenson today and I designed a card using the Els van de Burgt Studio 5 Part Pine, Stitched Ovals and Entwined Ovals and a piece of the Through The Lens – Wood Cardstock. To embellish this scene, Susan’s Garden Notes Small Poinsettia, Whitepine Bough & Pinecone and CountryScapes Critters 1 die sets were used. For the snowbanks, Karen Burniston’s Outdoor Edges die set plus her Holiday Clear Stamp Set were used. Here is how the card was created:
- Start with a 6×6 inch card and attach the piece of Through The Lens Cardstock to the front – adding the paper so the knot in the wood design is on the right side of the card front.
- Die cut two “snowbanks” using the Outdoor Edges die set and attach them to the bottom of the card, as shown, leaving the top edge without glue. You will be attaching the Stitched Oval partially behind this snowbank.
- Use the 5 Part Pine die set to die cut all five pieces, using white card stock. Use a green marker to color each section of the tree green, except along the lower edge of the branches. Use uneven stroke lines along this edge because you want it to look like snow is clinging to the bottom of each layer. If you want, you can add a texture paste along the edges of the branches like I did. Set aside to dry.
- Use the fourth largest oval in the Stitched Oval die set to die cut an oval from beige card stock.
- Use the small die in the Entwined Ovals die set to die cut one oval. Use Antique Linen Distress Ink to sponge on color so it will stand out when attached to the Stitched Oval. Tuck and attach this oval down behind the snow bank on the left side.
- Using black ink and the “Joy to the World” stamp from the Holiday Clear Stamp Set stamp the sentiment inside the top portion of the beige Oval. I used the Wedding Dress irRESISTible Pico Embellisher to create snow inside the Entwined Circle.
- Use the CountryScapes Critters 1 die set to die cut two little bunnies and one cardinal. Use red markers to color the bird and outline the edge of the bunnies with a light gray marker. Add a black eye to each bunny. Attach the cardinal to the top of the “y” in Joy and attach the bunnies as shown.
- Attach the 5 Part Pine at the bottom of the card, slightly inside the left of the Stitched Oval.
- Create two red poinsettias using Susan’s Garden Notes Small Poinsettia die set. Add Prills to the center of each flower.
- Die cut three pine boughs using the Garden Notes Whitepine Bough & Pinecone die set. Attach the branches to the upper right corner of the card. I added snow to the pine boughs and down in the snowbanks.
- Attach a Gold Peel Off Sticker Corner to both upper corners of the card.
- Attach the Poinsettias over the Whitepine Boughs.
Products from Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Other Products used:
Distress Ink – Antique Linen
Red, Green and Gray Markers
Black VersaFine Ink
Faber-Castell Whipped Spackle
irRESIStible Pico Embellisher – Wedding Dress