Hanging a wreath on our door at Christmas time is a great holiday tradition. Creating a pretty wreath to decorate a package, or a card, is easy to do using Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s new Garden Notes – Evergreen Wreath die and her new Garden Notes – Small Poinsettia die set. Here is how I created this wreath:
1. This is a 6×6 inch card. A piece of the Els van de Burgt Studio Through the Lens Wood Series cardstock was used for the background.
2. Die Cut two Evergreen Wreaths from True Green Soft Finish Green Cardstock. Glue wreaths together, offsetting branches.
3. Use Susan’s Garden Notes – Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut a lot of boughs to cover the wreath. The number needed depends on how full you want your wreath. Glue the boughs around the wreath. Wrap gold string trim through the boughs, around the wreath.
4. Use the Pinecone dies in the Whitepine Boughs & Pinecone die set to die cut enough pieces for two pine cones. Assemble as shown in Susan’s YouTube Video at this LINK.
5. Use Susan’s Garden Notes – Small Poinsettia die set to create three poinsettias. (Susan has two die sets for Poinsettias. The new Small Poinsettia is the perfect fit for this wreath.) You can watch Susan’s YouTube Video – Garden Notes Poinsettia tutorial at this LINK. I used Prills for the center of the flower.
6. Die cut the A Way With Words – Dec 25 using Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Reminder: A Metal Adaptor Plate is required when die cutting Shimmer Sheetz. Review Els van de Burgt’s YouTube tutorial HERE if you are new to this technique.
7. Assemble the card as shown – Wreath first, then Poinsettias. Then add Red Glitter Dots Peel Off Stickers around the wreath. Attach pine cones, a gold cord bow, and three small jingle bells at the top of the wreath. Adhere the die cut sentiment in the center of the wreath. Accent the card with Gold Peel Off Sticker Corners.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Gold Cording – two sizes
Gold Jingle Bells