Hello Artlets! It’s Suzanne here today with a sweet and delicate project that really should be framed! I’m combining Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s brand new Lavender die set with A Way With Words Love. Can’t you almost smell the beautiful scent from this card? I think it deserves a little lavender sachet tucked inside to really complete the effect!
Here is how this card is made.
All elements are cut from Soft Finish Cardstock 100lb White.
- Form a side fold card base measuring 5×7 inches.
- Die cut Love, all the Lavender elements except the bow, and the Stitched Oval and Scalloped Oval.
- Use the two purple colours to shade the Love diecut to your preference. Use the four colours of PanPastels to build up the colour on the Lavender stalks and petals. Designer Tip: Use less pastel on the lower areas of the stems so there is no visual distraction behind the word Love that will be added in step 7.
- Use Susan’s Garden Tool Set to shape the flowers. Adhere the petals with glue.
- Layer the oval diecuts with foam adhesive and adhere them to the front of the card with more foam adhesive as shown.
- To keep lots of dimension everywhere in this project, just use a few Glue Dots to adhere the Lavender in the center of the oval panel.
- Slightly curve the Love diecut with your fingers so it is bowed and add a single Glue Dot to each side of the lower flourish. Position it over the Lavender stems, as shown, and adhere.
Designer Tips: Use other PanPastels to change the colour palette and customize the card as a gift for someone special.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Suzanne Cannon’s A Way With Words Love
Mini Glue Dots