Hello! Mary here today to show you a super glittery card. Silk Microfine Glitter by Elizabeth Craft Designs comes in many delicious new colors. When added to the Lollypop dies by Joset Designs they make things even sweeter. I love how beautifully sparkly this card came out (it looks even better in person!).
Making the Card
1. Cut white cardstock 5 3/4 x 8 1/2. Fold in half. Die cut card using largest rectangle in the Dotted Scallop Rectangles set such that the card fold will be inside the die line – i.e. you don’t want to cut that side of the card, shift the card down the die so the die is outside the cardstock and the fold is inside the die when you run it through your die cutting machine.
2. Die cut red cardstock using largest Dotted Scallop Rectangle. Adhere to front of card, lining it up with the scalloped edges. One side will stick out over the fold; this hides the fold. Using 2nd largest rectangle, die cut White Soft Finish Cardstock. Using 3rd largest rectangle die cut Dusky Lavender Soft Finish Cardstock. Adhere Dusky Lavender to center of White.
3. Adhere Clear Double Sided Adhesive Sheet to red cardstock (front side). Die cut lollypop overlays (1 stripe and 1 swirl) and 1 bow. Remove backing paper and apply True Red Silk Microfine Glitter to all; polish with finger. Hint: I use a brush to knock off extra glitter into its container then use a Swiffer Sweeper Refill pad, cut down to quarter size rectangles, to go over the die cuts and also to clean up my craft mat.
4. Similarly, adhere double sided adhesive to white cardstock. Die cut 5 lollypop bases, 5 sticks, 2 bows, 1 swirl overlay, and 2 stripe overlays. Cover lollypop bases with Silk Microfine Glitter as follows: 2 Warm Diamond, 2 Light Gold, 1 Copper Rose. Cover swirl with Go-To Green, 1 stripe with Teal Blue and 1 stripe with Amethyst. Cover 1 bow with Teal Blue and 1 with Amethyst. Cover all 5 sticks with Silver. Polish each with finger.
5. Adhere combinations as shown in photo, e.g. True Red stripe on Warm Diamond base, Go-To Green swirl to Copper Rose base, etc. Adhere bottom 4 sticks as shown on card (leave the one on the banner for last). Adhere lollypop tops for those 4 as well.
6. Cut a piece of heavy weight vellum 1 1/8 x 5 inches. Stamp “you’re so sweet” sentiment with embossing ink or VersaMark where shown (remember to leave room to tuck under white rectangle edges). Sprinkle with sticky embossing powder and heat (hint: warm up heat tool before applying it to powder). Sprinkle with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter; polish. Optional: use a red marker on back behind letters to make them appear more solid.
7. Wrap vellum piece around white rectangle as shown, adhering behind. Adhere to card base, centering on red rectangle. Adhere last stick and lollypop. Adhere the bows where shown using glue in middle only. Gently bend loops upward slightly to give them dimension.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- 1174 Dotted Scallop Rectangles
- 1180 Lollypop
- CS016 General Sentiments Stamps
- Silk Microfine Glitter: True Red, Warm Diamonds, Go-To Green, Light Gold, Silver, Amethyst, Teal Blue, Copper Rose
- Soft Finish Cardstock: White, Dusky Lavender
- Double Sided Adhesive
- Cardstock: White, Red
- Vellum, Prefer Heavy Weight 48lb
- Embossing Ink or VersaMark
- Sticky Embossing Powder
- Optional: Brush, Swiffer Sweeper Refills