Hello Everyone!!! I hope this post finds you well!! It’s Wanda here today. We are in the midst of summer with some pretty hot days and then a couple cool ones thrown in over the holiday weekend earlier this month. Cool enough that it made you think of Autumn. It’s not often here in southern Iowa that you’d need a jacket on a July day!!! So I took that cool weather motivation and created an Autumn piece that will look beautiful sitting on the counter in my kitchen when Autumn really gets here.
Let’s get started. My finished piece is about 5″ x 7″.
- Using a ruler, tear the corrugated packing material to be approximately 5″ x 7″.
- Die cut Autumn from White Velvet Adhesive Sheet and Black Cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive. Lightly color the center of the velvet Autumn with Distress Ink Carved Pumpkin. Adhere velvet Autumn to black, offsetting the words to create a shadow. Set aside.
- Cut Gold Metallic Shimmer Sheetz 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. Color piece with Alcohol Inks. I have rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle and use that to clean my craft sheet while working. I also gave my panel one spray with it from about 18″ away letting the mist settle and dried it. This gave a speckling that is subtle but a nice addition. Emboss panel with Damask Embossing Folder. Lightly sand panel to bring out the design but don’t remove all the color from the high spots.
- Attach this panel to a White Soft Finish Cardstock panel leaving a small border.
- The pieces for the Chrysanthemum were cut from Soft Finish Cardstock, Sunflower and True Green. Shading/highlights were added with PanPastels. In the picture you see two large flowers, two medium flowers, three small flowers, one set of leaves, and I did cut two stems and adhere them together. The pieces were shaped using Susan’s Garden Tools and following the directions in Susan’s Chrysanthemum Video.
- Add color to the corrugate with Fossilized Amber Distress Paint. Wrap Shimmer Sheetz panel with Black Twine. Twirl up excess twine and glue in just a couple of spots. Attach panel to corrugate with Foam Mounting Tape. Remove backing from Autumn and attach to panel. Assemble flower onto card.
- Cut Card Stand/Easel from Black Shimmer Sheetz. Emboss with Damask Embossing Folder. Fold stand. Place Autumn Piece in stand.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies
- A Way With Words – Autumn from 4 Seasons Set
- Shimmer Sheetz – Gold Metallic, Black
- Soft Finish Cardstock – White, Sunflower, True Green
- Velvet Adhesive Sheet – White
- Clear Double Sided Adhesive
- Susan’s Garden Notes – Chrysanthemum
- PanPastels – Permanent Red Shade, Bright Yellow Green
- Els Van de Burgt – Card Stand/Easel
- Embossing Folder – Damask
- Susan’s Garden Tools and Molding Mat
- Leaf Pad
- Corrugated Packaging
- Black Cardstock
- Black Twine
- Alcohol Inks – Raisin, Caramel (Ranger)
- Distress Ink – Carved Pumpkin (Ranger)
- Distress Paint – Fossilized Amber (Ranger)
- Sanding Block
- Foam Mounting Tape