Hi everyone and welcome, it’s Sandy Diller here to share a Beneath the Sea Tag with you. I’m so excited to be using two new die sets from the latest release by Joset Designs; the wonderful Seahorse and the Seaweed.
- Using the Tags & More 1 Lace Die Set, cut a manila tag that measures 3.25″ X 6.50″
- Using the Small Shells Die Set , cut shells. These can vary depending on your preference, the die set contains several different ones
- Using the Large Shells Die Set , cut the crab.
- Using the Seahorse Die Set , cut seahorse. All shells, crab and the seahorse have a shadow layer and a top layer
- Using the Sea Plants Die Set , cut 2 green sea weeds and 1 coral.
- Using Distress Ink and a blending tool – add color to tag. If you haven’t tried this technique yet, it’s simple, just add color to your blending tool by rubbing it on the ink pad. Then using a circular motion starting off the tag – working your way onto the tag with the color. Keep applying color until you achieve the shade you want. Tumbled Glass Distress Ink was used here.
7. Spritz tag with water using a fine mist. The ink will react with the water to make a bubble effect.
8. Using the Lots of Dots Embossing Folder – emboss tag. Don’t be concerned if tag is not completely covered by the folder, the bottom section of the tag will be covered later.
10. On the back side of sand piece add two strips of Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Remove only the bottom strip of adhesive and attach to lower edge of tag. The other strip of adhesive will be removed later.
11. By hand, cut a smaller mound of sand and edge with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.
12. Glue layers of all shells and seahorse together as shown above. When glue is dry, cover entire front of shells and seahorse with Versamark Ink, add clear embossing powder and heat until powder is melted and glossy.
13. Arrange all pieces to your satisfaction and glue in place leaving the star fish for the top.
14. Gently lift top edge of large sand layer, using tweezers, remove adhesive liner and stick down.
15. Run ribbon through hole in top of tag and tie together with bakers twine. Before tying bow, pierce hole in star fish and add to twine.
16. Trim tops of ribbon pieces to desired length.
17. Add 5 small pearls and your deep sea adventure is complete.
Joset Designs – Seaweed (Coming Soon)
Joset Designs – Seahorse (Coming Soon)
Other supplies used:
Manila, Brown, Red, Green and Coral Cardstock