Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. I am a big tea drinker, so when Karen Burniston designed the new Cup Pop Stand I was thrilled. What’s fun about this card is you get a glimpse of what’s inside the card by the tag hanging out at the bottom. So go get yourself a cup of tea or coffee and we’ll get crafty.
- Using the Cup Pop Stand, die cut the pieces shown below:
- red card base cut at 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 scored at 4″. Place the alignment nubs of the Cup Pop Stand die on the fold of the card and die cut.
- (1) spoon from Silver Metallic Shimmer Sheetz. Tip: must use Metal Adapter Plate to die cut Shimmer Sheetz.
- (2) cups from gingham pattern paper. Tip: if your pattern paper is double-sided, cut (1) cup from the opposite pattern side.
2. Using the Pull Card Edges, die cut the pieces shown below
- (2) gingham pattern paper cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 then die cut using the circle edge
- (2) stripe pattern paper cut at 3 1/2 x 5 1/2 then die cut using the circle edge. Tip: place only the circle portion of the die on the pattern paper.
- (2) gingham pattern paper cut at 1 x 5 1/2 then die cut using the scallop edge
- (1) stripe pattern paper cut at 2 1/4 x 5 1/2
3. Using the Accordion Circle and Tags Pivot Card, die cut the pieces shown below
- (1) red circle using the largest circle die
- (1) cream scallop circle. Using the Coffee & Tea Clear Stamp set, stamp “You, me &”, “Tea”, and the tea bag image using black ink. Stamp the heart using red ink.
- (1) cream tag. Using the Cheeky Monkey Clear Stamp set, stamp “We should hang out” using black ink. Attach some twine through the hole of the tag and cut off excess or fold it over the back of the tag. Use a small stapler to add a staple to the top of the tag. Using a brown marker or colored pencil, color the tea bag.
4. Using the photos for placement, assemble the card front.
- Adhere stripe pattern paper cut in step 2 to the bottom half of the front card base. Please note the card front is shorter than the back to allow the scallop to show through when folded.
- Place red twine around (1) gingham circle edge piece cut in step 2 and tie a bow. Then adhere this piece to the front of the card taking care not to place adhesive on either of the pop up tabs. Adhere the 2nd piece to the back of the card. Apply border lines where both patterns meet.
- In the center of the card, adhere the red circle then use foam tape to adhere the cream scallop circle on top.
Using the photos for placement, assemble the inside of the card.
- Adhere (2) gingham scallop edges cut in step 2 to each end of the card.
- Adhere (2) stripe pattern paper circle edges cut in step 2. Apply border lines where both patterns meet.
- Apply border lines to both cups cut in step 2. Place adhesive on both tabs of the base card and adhere the cups to the tabs. Hang the tag coming out from the cup then adhere only the top portion of the cup together.
- Adhere spoon to bottom portion of card.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Card stock – Stampin’ Up!
Pattern paper – Martha Stewart
Ink – Versafine and Stampin’ Up!