Hello, this is Jackeline from the Elizabeth Craft Designs Design Team. Christmas is around the corner and to stay in the spirit I prepared a decorative centerpiece for the Christmas dinner table using one of my favorite dies from the Els Van de Burgt Studio collection, the Poinsettia (1067).
Safety first: This project is for battery-operated candles ONLY, not the kind with wick and wax.
Let’s get started:
- Die cut 30 silhouette poinsettias in green cardstock to use as the leaves.
- Die cut 30 decorative poinsettia overlays in 100lb Soft Finish Cardstock. Then color the poinsettias with Barn Door Distress ink .
- Die cut 30 silhouette poinsettias in white cardstock backed with Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape. Remove the backing from the tape; cover the adhesive with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off any excess glitter and polish the glitter with a fingertip.
- Build the Poinsettias: Layer a decorative overlay on top of a glittered silhouette (shapes match and align). Add this to a green silhouette, offset to ensure that the green leaves are visible. Add a cluster of six Red Glitter Dots peel-offs to the center of each Poinsettia. Refer to the photo below.
6. Center the two decorated candles on the rectangular shaped holiday theme platter as shown above.
7. To create height in the centerpiece, use silicone glue to attach the foam half-balls on the plate around the candles.
8. Use silicone glue to attach the poinsettias, overlapping them as shown in the photo so they hide the foam half-balls.
Turn on the battery-operated candles and enjoy your centerpiece. Merry Christmas!!!
I hope you enjoyed this tutorial.
Elizabeth Craft Designs
Battery-operated pillar candles
Holiday theme buttons
Barn Door Distress Ink
Rectangular platter measuring 17″ x 7 1/2″
12 Foam half-balls (2 1/2″ diameter)