It’s me, Petroschi Bianca.
I really like to create gift packaging. It is one of my favorite things in crafting. I can spend hours doing this without getting tired or bored. Because it’s the season when everyone prepares gifts for their loved ones, I want to share one of my ideas with you: Christmas gift bags made with Elizabeth Craft Designs Tags & More dies (you can use any of the sets) and some additional goodies.
The gift bags are easy and quick to make and will certainly impress the recipients! I’ve created a diagram so you can see what to do. It fits perfectly on a sheet of A4 paper. You can use any kind of paper up to 200 GSM.
Keep in mind that you can create these bags using different sizes of paper and various Tags & More dies. You can customize and personalize to suit your taste and the occasion, too.
- Bend a headboard on the short end of the paper backed with the same size Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape (Use 6mm or 10mm tape)
- Fold the paper in half, so you overlay the other end over the double sided taped headboard, as shown in image no.1.
3. Secure the die with low-tack temporary tape in the top middle of that folded piece of paper (if you need,use a ruler to measure the side distances to be equal), and run it thru your die cut machine (shown in image no.2). Trim excess side flaps with scissors.
4. Score 2 parallel vertical lines along the bag sides to mark the ends of the die (image no. 3).
5. Score a horizontal line at 3 cm from the margin at the base of the bag, as shown in the diagram and image no. 3.
6. From this line go up 2 more cm along the sides of the flattened bag and mark a point on each side. Match this point with the other point formed by the intersection of first 2 lines and score a diagonal line.
7. Using Clear Double Sided Adhesive Tape, fold and secure the bottom of the bag as shown in images no. 4, 5, and 6.
8. Now it’s time to embellish the bat with die cuts,Shimmer Sheetz,Silk Microfine Glitter,peel-offs or whatever you’d like. I used a lots of Susan’s Garden Club, Els van de Burgt Studio, Karen Burniston Pop it Ups, Suzanne Cannon- A Way with Words dies as well as feathers, cord and other irresistible materials.You can also use Petroschi Designs by Bianca stamps.
You can create these packages in different colors, themes and styles. Here are two more! One is made with a Kraft brown background and Susan Tierney-Cockburn’s charming deer, the other combines one of my stamps as well as the ‘Believe’ die from Suzanne Cannon’s A Way With Words collection.
…and one more with one of my favourite stamp: Titmouse (RS024).
Have fun playing,and don’t forget to put all of your love in your creations!
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies:
Pearl finish paper
Cord in gold, silver, and fawn
Flat-backed faceted gems (Rhinestones)