Created by Mary Dimercurio Prasad for the Susan Tierney-Cockburn Design Team
Happy Fall! This is Mary with a colorful Fall card. The leaves are so fun to make! Google “Fall leaves” for many beautiful examples you can use as models for your leaves.
Making the Card
1. Cut a piece of bright yellow-orange cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 inches (half of an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet). Fold in half. Optional: add a piece of leaf paper to the inside flap (you could also stamp leaves and color them). With the card closed, place main die at opening (across from fold) and cut. Trim both sides. Open card; on front side of card, line up leaves decorator die with hole and die cut.
2. Die cut a set of Woodland Leaves from white cardstock. Color using PanPastels. Draw veins with colored pencils. Use a fixative before shaping (this is optional but will prevent some of the color from coming off onto the pad). Shape each leaf using Metal Tool Set and molding pad. Add more color if necessary.
3. Stamp quote All Things of Nature in black ink on light yellow cardstock. Using label decorator die from Katie Label Pivot Card, center and die cut quote. Use Distress Inks and ink blending tool to decorate edges of label. (Optionally you could use PanPastels; be sure to use fixative.)
4. Adhere leaves, label (dimensional tape), sequins, and buttons as shown.
5. Dye seam binding ribbon with Distress Inks. Tie ribbon through back tag hole and twine through front tag hole as shown.
- 953 – Tags & More 3 – Leaves
- 1092 – Susan’s Garden – Woodland Leaves
- RS010 All Things of Nature
- 768 – Katie Label Pivot Card (Label Die)
- Susan’s Garden PanPastels: Flower Coloring Kits 1, 2, and 3
- 808 Susan’s Garden 4pcs. All metal Tool Set in Luxury Case
- 810 Large Molding Pad (6.5″ X 12″/16.5mm X 30mm)
- Cardstock: Bright Yellow-Orange, White, Light Yellow
- Black Ink
- Distress Ink: Barn Door, Spiced Marmalade, Wild Honey, Mustard Seed, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
- Ink Blending Tool
- Colored Pencils (e.g. Prismacolor)
- Seam Binding Ribbon
- Dimensional Tape