Hello crafty friends, it’s Summer Hills-Painter here.
Today I want to share with you a fun technique, a tri-fold pivoting shutter card. I cannot say how wonderful it is to not be limited by your card size and design with Pop It Ups dies. Let me show you how I made this card.
1. Cut a 6” x 12” piece of cardstock and score at 4” and 8” for your card base
2. Fold the card and place the Fancy Label die on one end just above the points and cut with your machine, cutting through all layers.
3. Place the Agatha Edges die at the top of the card and run through your machine, cutting through all layers.
4. Cut 3 panels of patterned paper at 3 ½” x 3 ¾” each.
5. Open up your card flat and adhere the second and third panels with temporary adhesive. Place the Heart Pivot Card die on the last 2 panels, making sure the alignment nubs on the die are directly over the fold between the pages. Run the card through your machine to cut the pivot card.
6. Remove the die and the patterned paper panels and trim the heart from the paper using detail scissors. Adhere the paper to the card with permanent adhesive.
7. Cut three coordinating flourishes from the Agatha Edges and trim them down to fit the card by cutting off the outermost swirl section from each flourish.
8. Adhere your flourishes and add decorations as desired. Train the hearts to pivot so they fold in the opposite direction as the pages. For my decorations I used the spiral from the Spiral Circle Pull Card to make 3D roses, the Leafy Branch die, the Happy Anniversary die and glitter dots.
Your card is now complete and is can fit in an A7 (5 x 7) envelope when folded up. This could also be a great birthday, love, thank you or thinking of you card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies –
Glitter Dots – Transparent/Gold
Other Supplies –
DCVW patterned paper cardstock
Distress Ink in Tattered Rose, Shabby Shutters,