Hello my crafty friends! It’s Raquel Mason here today. Usually I use markers to color on peel-offs, but today I wanted to show a different way to add color to peel-offs by using multiple colors of Silk Microfine Glitter. Let me show you how I made this card.
1. For the base & background:
- Cut 8.5″ x 5.5″ vanilla cardstock and score at 4.25″ for an A2 size base.
- Adhere Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on blue cardstock but do not take off backing.
- Cut (2) blue cardstock pieces at 3.75″ x 5″.
- Ink with blue and black Distress Ink. Ink black only around the outer edge.
- Adhere one to the card front and one on the inside.
2. Shimmer Sheetz:
- Cut Yellow Metallic Shimmer Sheetz at 3.25″ x 4.5″.
- Emboss with Butterflies embossing folder.
- Ink blue and black solvent ink over the raised areas.
- Cut off .75″ x 3.25″ from Shimmer Sheetz and adhere to inside top of card. See last photo for placement.
- Adhere the bigger Shimmer Sheetz on top of blue cardstock from step 1.
3. The tag:
- Adhere Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on pink and yellow cardstock but do not take off backing.
- From pink and yellow cardstock, die cut one each 2.25″ x 4″ Tags & More 6 – Daisy tag shape.
- Place the decorative die on top of the pink tag and die cut.
- Adhere the yellow tag under the pink tag.
- Ink with pink and black Distress Ink. Ink black only around the outer edge.
- Thread ribbon through the hole.
- Adhere to center of card base.
4. Butterflies (as shown in the photo below):
- Place a 3″ x 5″ sheet of Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive onto 3″ x 5″ white cardstock and remove the release sheet.
- Be careful not to touch the adhesive or it will leave fingerprints in the glitter.
- Use Fine Pointed Tweezers to place the butterfly peel-offs onto the release sheet (sticky side up).
- Place the cardstock that has Transparent Double-Sided Adhesive on top of the peel-off. (In other words, place sticky onto sticky.) See the photo below.
- Use the release sheet in handling the cardstock until you cover the adhesive with glitter so you don’t leave fingerprints.
- As shown in the photo below:
- Using non-stick scissors, roughly cut around each of the butterflies.
- Cover the adhesive on each butterfly with Yellow, Bluebell and Peony Pink Silk Microfine Glitter.
- Shake off excess, polish with your finger and brush off excess glitter.
5. Cut out glittered images.
- Color white edges with a black permanent marker to give a more finished look to your butterflies.
- Adhere images to card front and inside of card. Use photos for placement.
6. Adhere Happy Birthday Peel-off to bottom right corner of tag on the card front.
I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and feel inspired to try it out yourself.
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Peacock Feathers, Black Soot, Picked Raspberry Distress Ink – Ranger
Teal Blue and Jet Black StazOn solvent ink – Tsukineko
Cardstock – white, pink, blue, yellow, vanilla
Black permanent marker