Hello Crafty Friends,
Debra here today. January marks the beginning of a busy birthday season for my family. That means I need more birthday cards! The new Tags & More 8 – Lattice is a perfect base to build a fun card featuring a colorful Dutch the Fox, a few accessories and some sparkly birthday Balloon Peel-Offs.
This card works for either boys or girls and is easy to make. The Tags & More 8 – Lattice does all the work for you!
Here’s how I made this card:
1. Fold a 51/2″ x 8 1/2″ piece of white card base in half to form a standard A2 size card base. Cut a piece of pattern paper to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″. Die cut the top of the folded card base and the pattern paper with the Tags & More 8 – Lattice basic tag shape die. Die cut the top of the pattern paper with the decorative overlay die from the same set. Save the negative squares from the cut. Die cut Dutch the fox, hat and mustache. Using the curvy line die from Outdoor edges, die cut a 2″ x 4 1/4″ piece of pattern paper in the middle.
2. Cover a piece of white cardstock with ECD Transparent Double Sided Adhesive sheet. Peel off liner and set aside. Add balloons peel-offs, sticky side up on the release sheet. Place adhesive covered cardstock over release sheet to transfer peel-offs. Remove liner and cover peel-offs and adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter. Polish with your finger to set the glitter and bring up the shine.
3. Color balloons with alcohol markers. I used Copic (colors YG05, V17, B93, Y06). Trim colored balloons closely. Using a black marker, color the white cut edges for a more finished look.
4. Assemble card. Adhere green tag with decorative top to card front. Place a few squares from the overlay die cut back into the top for interest. Add wavy cut pattern paper to bottom of card front. Assemble Dutch, leaving his right legs unadhered. Add mustache and hat to Dutch. Tie a piece of black twine to Dutch’s right leg to attach to the balloon peel-offs. Here’s a close up:
5. Add Dutch and balloons to card front using foam adhesive. Attach twine from Dutch’s foot to bottom of balloons. Loop yellow ribbon through tag hole of front of card only.
6. Adhere 2nd half of wavy cut pattern paper and a single colored balloon to inside of the card. Add large Happy Birthday Peel-off in black to complete the card.
I love the way this card turned out and plan to make several of them to add to my birthday stash. With the Tags & More 8 – Lattice die doing all the detail work, its quick easy and fun! Thanks for stopping by today!
Elizabeth Craft Designs supplies used:
961 Tags & More 8 – Lattice
914 Outdoor Edges
946 Dutch the Fox
2552 Balloons Peel-Offs in Black
2577 Happy Birthday Large Peel-Offs in Black
Elizabeth Craft Designs Double Sided Adhesive
640 Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter