It’s Frances here today with another fun idea for using the endlessly versatile Stand Up Helper Dies. Recently, one of my daughters gave my other daughter an Upright Z-Fold card I’d made. That got me thinking about whether the Elizabeth Craft Designs Stand Up Helper dies would work for this style of card. Of course I had to give it a try.
The dies that will work for this technique are the dies from the Stand Up Helper Sets 1 and 2. Some won’t work because the image will be upside down, for example, the Christmas Tree in Set 2, but many in both sets will be just right!.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of red card so it measures 4.25 inches x 11 inches. Score along the long side at 2.75 inches and 5.5 inches. Fold so that the middle score line is a valley fold and the score line closer to the edge is a mountain fold.
2. Cut a piece of designer paper 4 inches x 2.5 inches and attach to the front panel.
Cut another piece of designer paper 4 inches x 5.25 inches and attach to the back panel.
3. Cut a piece of red card 3.25 inches x 4 inches and a piece of white card 3 inches x 3.75 inches. Layer these pieces together and attach to the card so half is attach to the front panel and half is not attached to anything. (Mine is approx 0.75 inches from the bottom of my card.)
4. From the Christmas Ornaments 2 Peel-Off Stickers, place Snowman Ornament & Medium Holly Peel-Offs onto white card that has Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet on top. Remove release sheet, cover peel-offs with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish glitter with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired. Add Red/Gold Glitter Dots to the circles on the Snowman Ornament.
5. Cut out the Snowman Ornament and Holly created in step 4 and attach the ornament to the lower portion of the white card using foam tape. Add a small piece from the Line Dots Peel-Off Stickers that goes from the top of the ornament to the top of the card so it appears the Ornament is hanging from something.
6. Use the Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper die and die cut this 3 times from Red card.
Trim along the bottom border on all three pieces and stack the three sentiments together. (Tip: Add Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape to the bottom of the red card prior to die cutting sentiment). Adhere the sentiment underneath the image panel on the front of the card (refer to photo for placement).
7. To work out where to die cut the Holly Stand Up Helper from the Stand Up Helper Set 2 die set. Fold your card so it is flat, the score line portion of the die needs to be positioned so it is just above the image panel when it is closed, so that the card will fold flat with the holly in position over the top of the image panel. On my card I positioned it 0.75 inches from the top of the card. Add some repositionable tape to the top of the die so it does not move. Carefully unfold the card so that the die is only on the back panel … die cut.
8. Die cut an additional Holly Leaves from the Stand Up Helper 2 die set and the Holly Berry Cluster from the Tags die set from white card that has been covered with Elizabeth Craft Designs Transparent Double Sided Tape on the front. Remove protective backing from the die cut pieces and cover with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter, polish die cuts with your finger and color die cuts. Adhere over the Holly die cut piece on back of the card.
9. Cut a piece of white card 3.5 inches x 2 inches and a piece of red card 3.75 inches x 2.25 inches and layer together. Add the Season’s Greetings Peel-Off Sticker to the top portion of the card. (TIP: Use transfer sheet to remove each part of the sentiment from the Peel off Sticker sheet so you can get the correct placement on your card. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. ) Add the holly leaves we created in step 4 to the lower right hand side of this panel … adhere panel to lower part of the back panel, so it cannot be seen when card is closed.
10. Refold card so that the white image panel is tucked under the Holly Stand Up Helper piece. (Tip: If your card isn’t staying closed when standing, use a bone folder to reinforce the score lines on your card or fold your card completely and set aside for a while and it should then work fine.)
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs Stand Up Helpers Set 2 (930)
Tags (763) Merry Christmas Stand Up Helper (939) Christmas Ornaments 2 Peel-Off Stickers (SKU 2536) Merry Christmas Large Peel-Off Stickers (SKU 2576) Season’s Greetings Peel-Off Stickers (SKU 2581) Line Dots Peel-Off Stickers Black (SKU 1134) Red / Gold Glitter Dots (SKU 7018) Transfer Sheet (SKU 600) Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (502) Other
Graphic 45 Twas the Night Before Christmas 6 x 6 Paper Pad Foam Tape