It’s Frances here. As you can see by the photo above, I’m sharing another Christmas card. There are so many different ways to use the new Tags & More dies that I just need to keep playing with them. For my card today I have used Tags & More 2 – Deco to create a card with a fold at the left side.
Here is how I created my card:
1. Cut a piece of red card so it measures approx 7 1/2 inches x 7 inches (we will be cutting this down so it doesn’t need to be exact). Fold the card in half so it measures 3 1/2 inches x 7 1/2 inches.
2. Position the main tag die from the Tags & More 2 – Deco set so that the left side of the die is beyond the fold line so it doesn’t cut the fold when die cut. Hold in place with some low tack tape and run through your die cutting machine.
3. Use your trimmer to trim down the right hand side of the card so the edge is level with the part of the tag which was cut by the die.
4. Open your folded tag card up and position the decorative overlay from the Tags & More 2 – Deco set so the hole in the overlay lines up with the hole in the tag and the tag shape of the card. Run this through your die cutting machine.
5. Trim the bottom of the tag card so it measures 6 5/8 inches.
6. Open your folded tag card up and place the front of the card into the Sprigs Embossing Folder. Position the card so that the embossing does not cover the decorative top part of your tag card. Emboss using your die cutting machine.
7. Highlight the embossing on the front of the card by sponging over Galaxy Gold Brilliance Ink.
8. Die cut a diamond shape reinforcement from the Tags & More 2 – Deco set from green card and adhere this over the hole on the front of the tag.
9. Cut a piece of white card and a piece of Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet that are approx 3 1/4inches x 4 inches. Remove the release sheet from one side of the tape sheet and set it aside upside down on your desk (shiny side up). Adhere the Double Sided Tape sheet to the piece of white card.
10. From the Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off Stickers remove the Bird Ornament, two Holly Sprigs and the Ribbon. Place your pieces sticky side up onto the release sheet that we set aside earlier.
11. Take your white card and place it with the adhesive side facing down onto the release sheet with the Peel-Offs on it. The Peel-Offs will lift from the release sheet and stick to the adhesive on the card stock.
12. Turn your card so the release sheet is now on top. Take off the release sheet and make sure not to touch the images on the adhesive.
13. Cover the adhesive with Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter and polish with your finger. You can see a video Els created using this technique here. Color your images as desired.
14. Cut out all pieces and attach to the middle section of the card as per photo at the top.
15. Cut a piece of white card which is approx 3 inches x 3 1/2 inches. (TIP: I always cut my card slightly bigger than I need so I can trim down when the card is covered with glitter so any blemishes around the edges of the card can be removed.
16. Lay a length of 10 mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape diagonally onto the white card as per first photo above. Next lay a length of 3 mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape next to the 10 mm piece so it is butted up close. Add an additional length of 3 mm Double Sided Tape next to the first piece. Then lay a piece of 6 mm Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape next to the 3 mm piece. Continue placing the tape onto the card until it is completely covered. Trim excess tape off around the edges of the card. (TIP: You may want to remove some of the excess tape from the edges while you are laying out the tape to make it easier to lift off your work surface when finished cover completely with tape)
17. Randomly remove the protective backing from the covered card and then every third piece of tape after that, being careful not to touch the adhesive you are uncovering. When you have removed the backing from the tape for the first color, cover the adhesive with Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter. Brush off any excess glitter from the card, and polish the glitter on the card before continuing to the next step. (TIP: For Silk Microfine Glitter projects, Elizabeth Craft Designs recommends that you work with the lightest colors first, then the darker ones. This is not a rigid rule but usually produces the crispest and most accurate results. (Remember, if any of the glitter colors get mixed together during the process of polishing one color and then another, keep a separate jar for the random mixture and use it for interesting and unexpected textures.)
18. Remove the protective backing from every third piece of tape next to the Soft Green pieces and this time cover with Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter. Repeat steps as per step 17.
19. Remove the remaining protective backing from the tape on the card and cover with True Red Silk Microfine Glitter.
20. Trim card so it measures 1 1/2 inches x the width of the tag. (You may want to attach the striped glittered card to the tag and trim off excess width). Reserve any extra striped glittered card for the inside of your card.
21. Use black lines from the Black Lines Peel-Off Stickers to embellish the glittered card. (TIP: Look at your glittered piece and if you have areas that may not have been glittered select these areas to cover with the Line Peel-Off Stickers.
22. Use the Black Ribbon Fantasy Peel-Off Stickers along the top edge of the striped glittered card.
23. Cut a piece of white card that will fit inside of your tag card 3 1/8 inches x 13 inches. Adhere the leftover piece of striped glittered card to the bottom of the white card and then place a piece of Black Ribbon Fantasy Peel-Off Stickers along the top edge of the striped glittered card.
24. Use the Tags & More 2 – Deco die to die cut a piece of dark green card, trim card so it is approx 1 3/4 inches in height and attach to the top of the inside of your card. Place another piece of Black Ribbon Fantasy Peel-Off Stickers along the bottom of the green card.
25. Die cut a star shaped reinforcement piece from red card and adhere over hole of inside of tag card.
26. Using black ink, stamp sentiment in centre of white card.
Thanks for stopping by today!
Supplies:Elizabeth Craft Designs
Tags & More 2 – Deco (952) Sprig Embossing Folder (E127) Christmas Ornaments Sceneries Peel-Off Stickers (8502) Merry Christmas Large Peel-Off Stickers (2576) Black Lines Peel-Off Stickers (1016) Ribbon Fantasy Peel-Off Stickers Black (1276) Borders Assort Peel-Off Stickers (1167)
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter (639) True Red Silk Microfine Glitter (614) Soft Green Silk Microfine Glitter (631) Forest Green Silk Microfine Glitter (633)
Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape Sheet (502) Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape – 3mm (505)
Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape – 6mm (506) Elizabeth’s Transparent Double Sided Tape – 10mm (507) Other
Dark Green Card Galaxy Gold Brilliance Pigment Ink Pad Black Ink Pad Crafter’s Companion Bebunni Christmas Present