Hi Kelly Booth here 🙂 For today’s blog post I decided to use the new Rainy Day die set by Elizabeth Craft Designs along with the Karen Burniston Fancy Label Accordion die set.
If one of my friends is sick, I always like to cheer her up with a handmade card. This is one of those cards in pretty pink. I hope you enjoy today’s tutorial.
To create my card, I first like to get all my pieces cut, stamped, and ready to assemble.
1. Cut pink cardstock 8.5 by 6.5 and adhere to Elizabeth Craft Designs double sided adhesive. Cut 12 polka dot frame edges (16 if you want the frame on the back of the card as well).
2. Cut umbrella and 2 solid rain boots from Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz. Cut 2 rain boots overlays from Light Pink Iridescent Shimmer Sheetz.
3. Cut 4 accordion pages from white cardstock and stamp pink rain on both sides using a bright pink ink. Cut apart two of these leaving 2 outer frames and 2 label pieces.
4. On one accordion page, stamp sentiment on inner label. Make sure tabs are facing to the right as this is how you will assemble the card.
5. Cut one more accordion page from pink cardstock placing the large label decorator die on the inside before cutting. See picture below.
You should now have pieces that look like this
6. Apply Glossy Accents on umbrella handle and sprinkle Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter on top. Set aside to dry.
7. Take your accordion page with sentiment and adhere pink frame around the sentiment using a tape runner or dots of glue.
8. Adhere rain boot overlays to solid rain boots using small pieces of double sided adhesive. Adhere boots to the inside frame of the other accordion page as shown in the first two pictures at the top. Use foam tape at the back of one of the boots. Adhere umbrella top using pop dots. Then apply a few drops of glue at the back of the umbrella handle and adhere to card tucking the top under the umbrella.
9. Lay the decorated accordion pages side by side with the tabs facing toward the right.
Put a strong adhesive on the tabs and connect the two accordion panels. While still flat, turn the pages over and adhere the extra (stamped) frames on the back of the panels using adhesive of your choice. Next, connect the two label shape inner panels, making sure that the outer frames form a valley fold and the connected label shapes form a mountain fold.
Refer to the photo. TIP: Gently fold along the score lines to that the card will fold flat when closed.(If needed, review Karen Burniston’s Accordion Card video tutorial).
10. Adhere the extra two inner labels to the back of the card covering the small tabs.
Thank you for stopping by The Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog today. If you have any questions, leave me a comment here and I will get back to you.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Supplies:
Dye Ink by Simon Says Stamp Black and Doll Pink
White and pink cardstock
Foam tape, pop dots and glue
Tombow Mono Adhesive
Stamps sentiment by Stampabilities
Raindrop background by Impression Obsession
Die cutting machine