Hi everyone! Helen here with a Christmas Accordion card today. I know we have been seeing a lot of ‘Christmas in July’ lately, but it’s hard to resist with all of Elizabeth Craft Designs’ wonderful new die releases! Starting your Christmas cards now is actually a pretty good idea. I always end up getting to the middle of December, with a grand total of about three cards made and a mad panic to make more!
1. Cut out two plain white Katie Label Accordion panels and eight border pieces from blue glitter card using the Katie Stars Frame Edges. Keep four of the tiny blue stars which are left over from cutting the borders.
2. Use the Katie Label Accordion die to cut blue patterned paper center pieces. Cut off the excess tabs by hand.
3. Cut out the various parts of the snowman as shown below including two snow drifts, a ‘Merry Christmas’, a large star and two snowflakes from the Spiral Circle Pull Card set. (Please note that the small black gems shown in the picture below didn’t end up being used!)
4. Using a glue runner, glue pen, white glue and small adhesive foam pads, assemble all the card parts, leaving the joining tabs of the two Katie Label Accordion panels till last.
5. Use one of the Katie Stars Frame Edges to cut three tiny red stars for the center of the two snowflakes and for decoration on the larger star.
And it’s done! I challenge you to also have a go at a Christmas card in July!
Elizabeth Craft Design Products:
Blue glitter card
White glitter card
Blue patterned paper
Paper-backed hessian (from DCWV)
Dark brown cardstock
Paper-backed red satin
Two googly eyes
Tape runner, white glue, glue pen and small adhesive foam pads.