Hello my crafty friends, it’s Raquel here today. I am very excited about Elizabeth Craft Designs’ 2014 Summer Release! To continue that excitement, I have created a card with some new and currently available dies. Let’s get crafty.
1. Cut blue paper at 4.25 x 11 and score at 5.5 for your backing card.
2. Cut the largest Lucy Label (label only) from green paper. Cut two of the middle-sized Lucy Label from white paper, leave the die on and trace around the edge with a fine point marker then stamp sentiments.
3. Cut one oval using the Oval accessory die from the Katie Label Accordion from green pattern paper and snip a triangle out to resemble a lily pad.
4. Using Hoppy the Frog, cut two shadow layers of Hoppy from dark green paper. Cut two detail layers of Hoppy from green. Cut two sets of eyes from white paper. Cut 4 flies from black paper. Cut two of the mouth areas using the detail layer from red paper.
5. Using Props 1, cut two lips from red paper and one pair of glasses from black paper.
6. Adhere Hoppy as shown in picture and set aside these pieces.
7. For Hoppy on the inside, cut off his legs and glue them to the side of his body to resemble a frog jumping. Adhere acetate to the lens of the black glasses (from step 5) then adhere to Hoppy. Apply Crystal Effects to lips and mouth of Hoppy if desired, then set Hoppy aside to dry.
8. Cut pattern paper at 4.25 x 11 and score at 5.5, then cut pop up using Lucy Label. Use an edge from Agatha Edges to cut 1.25 off both ends of the pattern paper and adhere the pieces you just cut off to the inside of backing card (green polka dot). Adhere pattern paper cut with Lucy Label to backing card.
9. Cut the largest Lucy Label (label only) from blue paper and adhere to label on the inside of card.
10. Cut two edge dies from Agatha Edges from blue paper and adhere to card as shown.
11. Cut two sets of Happy Birthday, adhere them together for added dimension then adhere to bottom of card.
12. Adhere Hoppy to the top bump of the Lucy Label as shown.
13. Adhere remaining pieces to front of card as shown.
I hope you have “Hopped” right along in the tutorial and feel inspired to give it a try.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products:
Tombow Dial Brush Pens
Onyx Black VersaFine Ink
Birthday Banter stamp set from Stampin’ Up!