Welcome to day three of the Elizabeth Craft Designs and Tombow Blog Hop. I am so happy to join the last day of the blog hop. I hope you all enjoyed the wonderful projects our Design Team created for you! If you are here from Karen Aicken then you’re in the right place. If not then you may want to start at the beginning of the hop at the Tombow Blog.
For my project I used one of our new Peel-offs combined with the Karen Burniston Katie Label Pivot Card die set that matches the Flower Labels peel-offs. For coloring I used the Tombow Dual Brush Pens. The colors of the pens are just beautiful and I love the technique of blending using the blender pen. I really enjoyed making this card. Please follow my instructions below. Oh and don’t forget to read about our blog hop prize at the end of this post!
Thank you for stopping by,
1. Place outline peel-offs onto watercolor paper. (Save the negative – you will be using these leftovers later in the project)
2. Using the Tombow Dual Brush Markers shown in the photo, layer the color in the leaves using the lightest marker first to fill the entire leaf. Then add the darker tones as shown in the photo. The base of the leaf and the areas where leaves overlap will be darkest, the tips will remain light. Use the blender pen to soften the colors and create the shading. Repeat for the flowers, again working light to dark, blending the colors with the blender pen. Add a soft background with color 020 and the blending pen.
3. Cut out the flower label and the individual flowers. Add tiny Glitter Dots to stamens.
(There are 4 sizes on the Glitter Dot Peel-offs sheet, use the smallest)
4. Die cut a pivot card with two layers cut at the same time: Outside layer = solid color cardstock 4.25″ x 11″ scored at the center. Inside layer = patterned paper 4″ x 10.75″ scored at the center and held in place with temporary tape so the score lines match. Die cut largest accessory piece label from patterned paper, die cut next largest label from 2 labels from solid color cardstock that matches Tombow 020 as closely as possible.
5. Die cut Happy Birthday from Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet.
6. Cut away the label shapes from the patterned paper and glue it to the inside of the card.
7. Glue the crocus label and one of the individual crocus flowers to the inside of the pivot card.
Glue the patterned and solid color labels to the left side of the pivot. Add Happy Birthday.
8. To decorate the outside of the card, glue a 1.75″ x 4.25″strip of dot pattern paper to the left and right sides of the outside of the card. Glue the two remaining colored crocus to the right side of the card (the front when the card is closed).
9. Remove the black background around the leftover peel-off sheet pieces as shown in the photo below. Use the Transfer Sheet to pick up the pieces, first the label, then the flowers (one at a time). Position the label pieces on the back of the pivot that has the colorful crocus on the front. Position two of the single crocuses at the bottom right of the inside of the card.
10. Add a fine line decorative peel-off to the edges of the patterned paper on the inside of the card and at the edge of the dot pattern strips on the outside of the card.
Close-up of the front of the card when closed.
Close-up of the back of the card when closed.
11. Fold the card so it stands, with the frame as a valley fold and the pivot labels as a mountain fold. (Card folds flat for mailing)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Products
768 Katie Label Pivot Card die
783 Happy Birthday die
WP903 Watercolor Paper
Flower Peel-offs (Available soon through Elizabeth Craft Designs)
1167 Borders Assorted Peel-offs black
7018 Glitter Dots Peel-offs Purple
sku 600 Transfer Sheet
Fine Pointed Scissors
Other – White cardstock, Pattern paper.
And here is our amazing blog hop prize:
Elizabeth Craft Designs:
Selection of Peel-Off stickers
Double Sided Adhesive Sheets
Stand Up Helpers die set
Warm Diamond Silk Microfine Glitter
406 Black Velvet Adhesive Sheet
In order to enter to win the prize, please comment on all the Design Team’s projects.
And if you like to see more wonderful projects in the future, make sure to “Like” us on Facebook! TombowUSA and Elizabeth Craft Designs.
The winner will be announced on Monday April 21st at 3:30 P.M. EST on the Tombow blog.